Collagen MSM Plus
Healthy Aging, Improving Life quality
Collagen MSM plus® contains specific collagen peptides clinically proven to have a positive effect on joint cells and pain reduction.
Collagen MSM Plus® is an advance formula based on scientific research made of specific clinicaly proven collagen peptides, MSM, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Vitamins D3, B12, B6 and C. A unique supplement In liquid form for better absorption and bioavailability.
Collagen peptides scientifically proven to address 3 key points
Collagen MSM Plus® – Prevent Osteoarthritis
- Specific collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® reduce joint pain and improve joint function
- After just 3 months of intake, the patients reported significant improvements
- Reduced joint pain – improved joint flexibility and better overall joint functionality
Collagen MSM Plus® – Prevent Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
- Collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® restore Bone Mineral Density to a normal level
Collagen MSM Plus® – Prevent Sarcopenia (Loss of muscle with age)
- Collagen peptides maintain a better nitrogen balance than whey protein, suggesting its better suited to maintain lean muscle mass
How does Collagen MSM Plus® work?
- Clinicaly proven Collagen peptides can be used to prevent the degradation of cartilage and thus to prevent discomfort and joint pain while maintaining collagen levels inside the cartilage. Collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® restore Bone Mineral Density to a normal level and maintain lean muscle mass.
- MSM reduces fast inflammation that is causing pain in the joints and helps with the natural production of collagen. Latest research has shown that the MSM helps relieve pain, especially in cases of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, muscular pain and tendinitis
- Vitamin D3 is nesecary for healthy bones as it regulates our body’s ability to absorb calcium.
- Vitamin B12 helps the nervous system. Vitamin B6 strengthens the immune system and helps the body break down proteins. Vitamin C contributes to better absorptionof the ingredients and the natural production of collagen.
- Glucosamine can help to restore cartilage while chondroitin can may help with joint hydration.
Who can benefit from Collagen MSM Plus®?
Active ingredients Collagen MSM Plus® 500ml
Liquid Food supplement Nutritional facts per daily dose 25ml
Collagen MSM Plus® Liquid food supplement with Collagen, MSM, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Vitamins D3, B12, B6 and Vitamin C.
Sugar Free- Fat free – Gluten Free – Lactose Free – No artificial dyes Collagen MSM Plus® is derived from natural origins of bovine grade collagen halal /kosher peptides.
Directions: Take (25ml) daily, before sleep or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Storage conditions: Keep in a cool dry place. Keep out of the reach of children. CAUTION: Not for use by people with allergies to shellfish products. Dietary supplements should not be taken as a substitute of a varied diet. Women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy should consult their doctor before taking dietary supplements.
Collagen MSM PLUS® is manufactured in Germany for Medicare Europe Ltd. According to ISO: 9001:2008 and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
The science behind Collagen MSM Plus®
Collagen MSM Plus® and Joint Health – Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis (OA) involves degradation of joints, including articular cartilage and subchondral bone. Symptoms may include joint pain, tenderness, stiffness and locking.
- Aging and high impact/load on joints can cause wear and tear on joint cartilage
- Collagen makes up 70-95% of joint cartilage
- Maintaining collagen levels inside cartilage is important to prevent OA
Proven effectiveness on knee Joints- Clinical study 2013 double blind, placebo controlled with specific collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® formula.
- 100 participants, oral intake, Collagen peptides powder drink.
- Collagen peptides 8 g/day or placebo(maltodextrin) 8 g/day
- Inclusion criteria:- Complained of knee joint pain or joint discomfort- X-ray for diagnostic, classification: 0-III level – 40 to 70 years
- 6 months period. Joint health assessed at time 0, 3 and 6 months
- WOMAC: standard assessment/questionnaire, measures 5 items for pain (score range 0–20), 2 for stiffness (score range 0–8), 17 for functional limitation (score range 0–68) Lysholm: knee scoring method for joint movement, higher score = better knee function. Supplements WOMAC
Specific Collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® reduce joint pain and improve joint function
After just 3 months of specific Collagen peptides intake, the patients reported significant improvements: Reduced joint pain – improved joint flexibility and better overall joint functionality
Results by Shanghai 6th people hospital (Jiang et al. 2013 (in press))
Collagen MSM Plus® and Bone health- Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
More than 30% of all postmenopausal women develop Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis has four major consequences on the bone:
- Bone mineral density (BMD) is reduced, which implies an increased risk of fractures.
- Imbalance between bone resorption and bone formation
- Amount and variety of proteins in bone is altered
- Bone micro-architecture is deteriorating.
Osteopenia is the pre-stage to Osteoporosis
Normal boneandOsteoporotic bone
Collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® restore Bone Mineral Density to a normal level
in vivo studies – results- Ovariectomized mice were used to simulate low bone mass density: osteopenia
The measures show restoration of the bone mineral density value close to the level of the control group (which was not ovariectomized).
Same study demonstrated additional results of specific collagen peptides to:
- increase bone solidity
- increase bone size
Increase of Bone Mineral Density (BMD) of the mice, in the control group (Control), the ovariectomized group fed without collagen peptides (Ovx), and the ovariectomized group fed with collagen peptides (Ovx + Collagen Peptides) after 12weeks. Groups with different letters indicate significant difference (p<0.05) a indicates a higher mean than b.
Collagen MSM Plus® and Muscle health – Sarcopenia (Loss of muscle with age)
- A sufficient intake of proteins is very important to maintain a correct muscle mass. 20-30 g/day of high quality protein per meal recommended
- The RDI for protein is 0.8g/kg of body weight/day for healthy adults and 1g/kg of body weight/day for elderly people. With age, diet is often too low in protein
- Sarcopenia affects 30 % of 60+ years and 50 % of 80+ years
Results by Hays et al. (2009), showed that a supplement with collagen peptides maintained a better nitrogen balance than whey protein, suggesting its better suited to maintain lean muscle mass in in elderly women. Hays, N.P., Kim, H., Wells, A.M., Kajkenova, O. and Evans, W.J. 2009. J. Am. Diet.
Protein deficiency concern- changes in body mass
- After the age of 30 the body composition starts to change. There is a reduction of 3 to 8% in lean muscle mass each decade.
- The reduction can be more than 50% loss of tissue in those over 80 years of age.
Proteins are the major building blocks of muscles.
The intake of proteins is often decreasing in the elderly (low appetite etc.), even though the required amount is increasing
Illustration by Innova market insights, 2012
The positive effect on joint cells with specific collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® formula
Results of the 2011 study confirm the positive effect of specific collagen peptides on joint cells (chondrocytes). A dose of 10g of collagen peptides per day  has demonstrated a positive effect on joint pain reduction. The integrity of articular cartilage is dependent on the maintenance of the extracellular matrix, a process controlled by the joint cells, the chondrocytes. The objective of the present study with a cell culture model was to investigate the effect of collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® on the main components of the extracellular matrix of the cartilage: aggrecan and type II collagen.
Introduction: Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis which causes major disability worldwide. OA is characterized by cartilage destruction resulting in joint space narrowing and loss of function (figure 1). The result of ongoing cartilage destruction is irreversible damage to the extracellular matrix (ECM) of cartilage with ultimate loss of joint function . Chondrocytes, the only cell type in cartilage, are the versatile regulators of cartilage equilibrium. Traumatic cartilage injury leads to an irreversible cartilage loss since differentiated chondrocytes do not divide and hence do not compensate for these defects . There are no long-term effective treatments for OA.
The purpose of this study was to assess the effects of specific collagen peptides on the gene expression of 2 major constituents of the extracellular matrix of the cartilage: aggrecan  and type II collagen.
Assessment of the collagen peptide effects on cartilage specific gene expression
Cells were seeded and cell growth was measured until 8 days (figure 2). At the different end points mRNAs (see glossary) were extracted from the chondrocytes. The concentration of total mRNA was measured by optical density. Gene expression was then measured by quantitative PCR (qPCR, see glossary).
The expression of the cartilage extracellular matrix specific genes, aggrecan, collagen type II, was measured. The expression of the cartilage extracellular matrix specific genes, aggrecan, collagen type II, was measured
The tests have been carried out by Atlantic Bone Screen Laboratory, Nantes, France (ABS).
Chondrocytes were collected from articular cartilage of 4-week-old male rats. Specific collagen peptides of bovine origin were used at 3 concentrations 0.01, 0.1 and 1 mg/mL. Ibuprofen at 25µg/ml was used as a positive reference item as it is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
All the experiments have been done 3 times and the results are averages of 3 measurements
- Results Effect of collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® on cartilage specific gene expression
Collagen peptides at 0.1 or 1 mg/mL concentrations over 8 days significantly enhanced the expression of aggrecan and type II collagen mRNA (fi gure 3). These results demonstrate that collagen peptides in collagen MSM Plus® specifically enhanced the chondrocyte gene expression of the cartilage extra cellular matrix components.
After 8 days of treatment, collagen peptides at concentrations of 0.1 and 1 mg/mL enhanced significantly the expression of cartilage specific markers: aggrecan and type II collagen.
In this study, collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® formula have a similar effect on joint cells as Ibuprofen, a usual medication against inflammation.
These data confirm that specific collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® may prevent cartilage matrix degradation by increasing the production of aggrecan and type II collagen, in line with previous studies. The data also strengthen the hypothesis that collagen peptides may be recognized as a signal of cartilage degradation by chondrocytes which therefore activate the synthesis of aggrecan and type II collagen as a response.
These results show that collagen peptides used in Collagen MSM Plus® may be used to prevent the degradation of cartilage and thus to prevent discomfort and joint pain due to this degradation.
Aggrecan: the major proteoglycan of the articular cartilage, i.e. a protein modified with large carbohydrates. This molecule is important in the proper functioning of articular cartilage because it provides a hydrated gel structure that endows the cartilage with load-bearing properties. mRNA : Messenger RNA, is a molecule encoding a chemical «blueprint» for a protein product. mRNA is transcribed from a DNA template, and carries coding information to the sites of protein synthesis. qPCR : quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction, is a laboratory technique used to amplify and simultaneously quantify a targeted DNA or RNA molecule.
: Benito-Ruiz P., Camacho-Zambrano M.M., Carrillo-Arcentales J.N., Mestanza-Peralta M.A., Vallejo-Flores C.A., Vargas-Lopez S.V., Villacis-Tamayo R.A. and Zurita-Gavilanes L.A. 2009. A randomized controlled trial on the efﬁcacy and safety of a food ingredient, collagen hydrolysate, for improving joint comfort. International journal of food sciences and nutrition, 12:1-15. : Sofat N. Analysing the role of endogenous matrix molecules in the development of osteoarthritis. Int J ExpPathol. 2009 Oct; 90(5): 463-79. : Schulze-Tanzil G. Activation and dedifferentiation of chondrocytes: implications in cartilage injury and repair. Ann Anat. 2009 Oct; 191(4): 325-38. : Kiani C, Chen L., Wu Y.J., Yee J. A., Yang B.B. Structure and function of aggrecan. Cell Research 2002; 12(1):19-32. : Oesser S, Seifert J. Stimulation of type II collagen biosynthesis and secretion in bovine chondrocytes cultured with degraded collagen. Cell Tissue Res. 2003 Mar; 311(3): 393-9.
MSM “THE ULTIMATE HEALTH ALLY”
Article on Collagen MSM Plus ® regarding its main ingredient MSM by M.Sc. Pharmacist George Manios
MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane or dimethyl sulfone) is an organic sulfur compound with high bioavailability and crucial for many functions of the human body. Fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, seafood and dairy products are the main natural sources of MSM. Unfortunately a large amount of it is destroyed by washing, steaming and baking foods. Poor diet and modern lifestyle also decrease the levels of MSM in our bodies.
According to scientific research and clinical studies that have been conducted over the last thirty years in various universities and research centers around the world, MSM has shown to have strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and detoxifying properties. In cases of osteoarthritis taking 500mg MSM daily for three months, provides analgesic and antiinflammatory action and contributes to joint health. According to a double – blind clinical study, the results are accelerated when combining with the administration of glucosamine sulfate, significantly improving the quality of life of the patient. The MSM helps to combat the back and neckpain, it is important to tissue regeneration and is used to promote healthy joints and cartilage. It relaxes the muscles doing it useful in rehabilitation of people who have suffered sports injuries. It is also ideal as a natural treatment of tendinitis and tennis elbow. MSM contributes to the production of elastin, collagen and keratin of a substance that is essential for the health of hair and nails. It enhances the mucosa of the digestive tract and the urinary tract, helping in some cases of constipation and providing natural antiparasitic activity, demonstrating that the MSM (organic sulfur) is the ultimate health ally. Our body uses MSM in synergy with vitamin C to create new, healthy cells. Without proper levels of MSM, our bodies are unable to produce good and healthy cells resulting in problems such as loss of flexibility, wrinkles, varicose veins, dry skin, digestive disorders, joint problems and more. Every year we discover more miraculous properties of the MSM and many universities and research centers focus on the development and study of its properties. Let’s start now looking for more natural ways to deal withthe most common lifelimitingdiseases and let’s not forget that nature is our ally.
References • Randomized, double – blind, parallel placebo – controlled study of oral glucosamine, Methylsulfonylmethane and their combination in osteoarthritis. PMID: 17516722 • Pharmacokinetics and distribution of 35S methylsulfonylmethane following oral administration to rats. PMID: 17263509 • Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in osteoarthritis pain of the knee: a pilot clinical trial. 2003 jan-feb: 23 (IA): 453 – 8 • Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled study. NCT01188213 PMID 21709034 PMCID 3141601 • Effect of methylsulfonylmethane on paraquat – induced acute lung and liver injury in mice. PMID 23595869 • Hepatoprotective effect of methylsulfonylmethane against carbon tetrachloride – induced acute liver injury in rats. PMID 23591777 • MSM enhances GH signaling via the jak2/STAT56 pathway in osteoblast – like cells and osteoblast differentiation through the activation of STAT56 in MSCs. PMID 23071812 PMC 3469535 PMID 23013531 PMCID 3507661
Collagen MSM Plus® clinically researched collagen peptides offer multiple benefits for healthy aging
Collagen MSM Plus® helps maintain mobility as we age
Medicare Europe Ltd. Is the brand owner and trademark holder of several premium ranges of nutritional supplements. Our brands have obtained regulatory approvals in many countries and today are marketed in the UK, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Greece, Australia, Singapore and soon in 9 Asian countries. Our premium formulas are made in Germany and distributed from the UK.
Our Liquid Nutritional supplements are unique compositions of high potency, clinically tested, made of premium certified natural ingredients sourced in the EU. Our liquid lines are formulated using specific molecular weight of active ingredients in liquid form, creating unique compositions that have higher absorption and bioavailability. Our quality standards are guided by the German Drugs Agency and our products come with a health certificate regulated by the German Health authorities.
The production line facility in Germany specializes in the production of liquid nutritional supplements since the late 1960’s. The product research, development and quality control are guided by internationally acknowledged experts in medicine, organic chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, botany and nutrition.
A central part of the production is quality control. The production process follows the strict guidelines of ISO: 9001: 2008 and GMP regulated by the German drugs agency
Medicare continues its efforts to ensure the quality and safety of its products with the infamous Fresenius SGS laboratories. SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certifications company. SGS ISTITUT FRESENIUS has a strong reputation among manufacturers, consumers and retailers operating in Germany since 1920.
“Our mission is to Improve life quality by creating premium formulas that really work”
Medicare Europe Ltd
- Collagen MSM Plus® is specially formulated to promote healthy joints and cartilage by helping to reduce and minimise inflammation which can cause joint pain. It also contains Hydrolysed Collagen with MSM, Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondroitin Sulfate and Vitamins D3, B12, B6 and C in liquid form which provides effective absorption and bio-availability of these nutrients.
- B-Peptan®; Collagen peptides and Glucosamine can regenerate and restore the cartilage, while Chondroitin may help with joint hydration. The MSM helps to quickly reduce inflammation which can cause joint pain and boosts the natural production of collagen. Vitamin D3 is essential for optimum bone health as it regulates the body’s ability to absorb Calcium. Vitamin B12 helps the nervous system and Vitamin B6 strengthens the immune system and helps the body to break down proteins. Vitamin C contributes to better absorption of the ingredients and the natural production of Collagen and Elastin.